Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Overcoming Opposition

We ALL face opposition that doesn't make sense, cripples us for a moment, and tests our ability to rise above. The thick darkness of confusion blinds us, and we forget the fight that we once had within us. It's hard to go through trials. But it's even harder when we neglect who we really are. And who we really are can ALWAYS overcome opposition. Here's how:

1. Don't forget the virtue of PATIENCE.
You can ask anyone that knows me really well; I AM NOT A PATIENT PERSON. I want things to happen NOW, and hate waiting for the right timing of things to allign. But guess what!? We HAVE to learn patience in this life. Trials allow us to do that.
2. Never lose sight of what you want most.
In the midst of opposition, it is so easy to become a victim of fallen goals. Whether it be wanting to overcome a sickness, recover a broken heart, or pick up our lives after a major loss, we cant forget what we ultimately want. And what we want is to reach the finish line in victory.
3. Give yourself a reality check
Too many times I hear "I can't do this", or "I can't do that." You CAN'T do it? Or you're too afraid to do hard things that might be uncomfortable? I wake up a lot of mornings feeling like I can't go another day in so much pain. Then I think, well of course I can! I have no other option, so let's make the best of it! Write down what you CAN do to conquer what is bringing you down. Write on paper where you are in relation to what you want most, and honestly see what you have to do to get there. The reality is...you CAN do it.
4. Count your blessings
For a while I kept a blessings journal. Every night I would write down three things that I was grateful for that day. Because I did it so often, I began having to write things down like the color yellow, chocolate chips, and full eyelashes. You'll soon find that you have WAY more going for you than against you.
5. Find your inner strength
When we feel like we keep being knocked down, it's important to remember who we really are. Choose 5 positive characteristics that you think define who you are. Write down how you can use each strength to your advantage, and focusing on developing what you're already good at. Now fight for your happiness, and prove to yourself that you have what it takes to overcome anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment