Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cast your burden...


Everyone needs a bit of encouragement from time to time. Thankfully we have the Bible as our ultimate source of encouraging words! Even in the midst of the financial mess that we are in the middle of, we can remain hopeful and encouraged if we keep trusting in God.
I have found that the key is to finding specific bible verses and meditating on them. According to the Word, this is how faith comes. The more we soak up the truth of God’s Word, the more assured we become that He really is going to take care of us!
I know some people whose lives have been dramatically affected by this and I think as it progresses we will all know people who will go through struggles as a result. The important thing to remember in the midst of the chaos is that God is in control. He is not surprised by the events and He is not unsure how He is going to take care of his children. We are just as safe putting our trust in Him when things are going great as when it looks like everything is falling around us.
“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:19
Notice the above verse says “ALL.” It doesn’t say “some” or “most,” but it says that He will meet all of our needs. It doesn’t say how He will meet our needs and I have found from experience the way He does it is often not what I expected. But the bottom line is that God is faithful and He does what He promises.
  • “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”John 16:33
  • God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. Psalm 46:1-3,7
  • ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10
  • For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Tim 1:7 (AMP)
  • I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Psalm 16:8 (AMP)
  • Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). Psalm 55:22 (AMP)
  • He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved. Psalm 62:6 (AMP)
  • Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)
  • The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows (recognizes, has knowledge of, and understands) those who take refuge and trust in Him. Nahum 1:7 (AMP)
  • “The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment