Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quotes on Father's

"Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy."
~ Philip Whitmore

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. "
~ Clarence Budington Kelland

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. "
~ Mark Twain

"The greatest gift I ever had Came from God; I call him Dad!"
~ Author Unknown

"You will find that if you really try to be a father, your child will meet you halfway."
~ Robert Brault

"It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't. "
~ Barbara Kingsolver

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong."
~ Charles Wadworth

"I love my father as the stars - he's a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart. "
~ Adabella Radici

"I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week."
~ Sigmund Freud

"It is much easier to become a father than to be one. "
~ Kent Nerburn

"Love and fear. Everything the father of a family says must inspire one or the other. "
~ Joseph Joubert

"It is a wise father that knows his own child."
~ William Shakespeare

"A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child."
~ Knights of Pythagoras

"Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad."
~ Anne Geddes

"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."
~ Author Unknown

"It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father."
~ Pope John XXIII

"One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."
~ Author Unknown

"When I was a kid, my father told me every day, 'You're the most wonderful boy in the world, and you can do anything you want to."
~Jan Hutchins

"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father"
~ Lydia M. Child

"How true Daddy's words were when he said: "All children must look after their own upbringing." Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."
~ Anne Frank

"You know, fathers just have a way of putting everything together."
~ Erika Cosby

"It is a wise child that knows his own father."
~ Homer

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
~ Henry Ward Beecher

"The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them."
~ Confucius

"A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be."
~ Carol Coats

"I felt something impossible for me to explain in words. Then, when they took her away, it hit me. I got scared all over again and began to feel giddy. Then it came to me... I was a father."
~ Nat King Cole

"Until you have a son of your own... you will never know the joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son. You will never know the sense of honor that makes a man want to be more than he is and to pass something good and hopeful into the hands of his son. And you will never know the heartbreak of the fathers who are haunted by the personal demons that keep them from being the men they want their sons to be. "
~ Kent Nerburn

"A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow."
~ Author Unknown

"All fathers are invisible in daytime; daytime is ruled by mothers and fathers come out at night."
~ Margaret Atwood

"His heritage to his children wasn't words or possessions, but an unspoken treasure, the treasure of his example as a man and a father."
~ Will Rogers Jr.

"I've learned that a father's blessing can fill a son's soul to the brim."
~ Kelly Tobey

"It's only when you grow up and step back from him - or leave him for your own home-it's only then that you can measure his great-ness and fully appreciate it."
~ Margaret Truman

"If all the fathers in the world held out their hand in friendship, yours is the one I'd hold."
~ Author Unknown

"The great man is he who does not lose his child's heart."
~ Mencius

"What do I owe my father? Everything."
~ Henry Van Dyke

"The greatest gift I ever had came from God, and I call him Dad!"
~ Author Unknown

"Children are not casual guests in our home. They have been loaned to us temporarily for the purpose of loving them and instilling a foundation of values on which their future lives will be built."
~ Dr. James C. Dobson

"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: he believed in me."
~ Amy Heckerling

"A father is like a lighthouse standing tall above the sea's. When the storms of life come crashing in, the light from your father you'll see."
~ Dana Roberts Clark

"A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way."
~ Author Unknown

"A father's goodness is higher than the mountains, a mother's goodness is deeper than the sea."
~ Author Unknown

"Be kind to thy father,for when thou wert young,Who loved thee so fondly as he?He caught the first accents that fell from thy tongue,And joined in thy innocent glee."
~ Margaret Courtney

"Call it "womb awe" or even "womb worship" but it's not simple envy. I don't remember even wanting to be a woman. But each of the three times I have been present at the birth of one of my children, I have been overwhelmed by a sense of reverence... It was quite suddenly, the first day of creation; the Goddess giving birth to a world... Like men since the beginning of time I wondered: What can I ever create that will equal the magnificence of this new life?"
~ Sam Keen

"Fathering is the most masculine thing a man can do"
~ Frank Pittman

"If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!"
~ Author Unknown

"Somebody said that no one can love a child the way a mother can. Somebody was never a father."
~ Author Unknown

"The colors of the world may constantly change, but dad's love remains the same."
~ Shelly Bauzon

"The Measure of a man is not of his worth, but what he means to those he loves."
~ Leisha Farnsworth

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world."
~ Author Unknown

"Walk With Me Daddy



Walk along side me, Daddy, and hold my little hand.I have so many things to learn that I don't understand.
Teach me things to keep me safe from dangers everyday.Show me how to do my best at home, at school, at play.
Every child needs a gentle hand to guide them as they grow,so walk alongside me, Daddy-we have a long way to go."
~ HELEN BUSH


"When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son."
~ The Talmud


"You don't raise heroes; you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes."
~ Walter Schirra Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment