Pages

Monday, December 06, 2010

I've been getting ready for Christmas



I'm revving up for the great day


my credit card's cracked and my freezer is packed


'cause I started my shopping in May


The mistletoe's hanging in bunches


'cause the odd Christmas kiss isn't wrong


and the Vicar I've found - quite likes calling round


and exploring my crowns with his tongue


The bin men have gotten quite friendly


they're after a present I fear


they won't feel so chuffed when I tell them - get stuffed


'cause they don't speak the rest of the year


The family is coming for dinner


last year it was quite a good laugh


we ate fairly late - dished the veg on the plate


found the turkey was still in the bath


the Kids are all pink with excitement


'cause Santa will come so they say


their lists are extensive - extremely expensive


and they'll break it all by Boxing day


But it's worth all that fuss Christmas morning


when their little eyes are all aglow


when we're all feeling merry full of goodwill and sherry


and suffering from wind Ho Ho Ho


But please don't forget why we do it


why each year we must go to this fuss


for that guy up above who brought peace and brought love and who probably owns Toys R Us.........

No comments:

Post a Comment